Up & Running – Race day Info
Race Starts in…
Saturday 26th September’15
Course Start / Finish locations
|Race||Race Start||Bike trans. 1||Finish||Start Time
|67k Extreme||Tullagh Bay Equestrian Centre||Car Park, Mamore||T.B.E.C||7:50:00|
|42k Sprint||Tullagh Bay Equestrian Centre||Tullagh Bay Equest. Centre||T.B.E.C.||9:30:00|
|24K Mini Adventure||Tullagh Bay Equestrian Centre||Lenan Bay||T.B.E.C||10:3000|
Race morning arrival; – Arrive at Start at least 1:15;00 before your race start time to collect your race pack and then leave your bike at the Lake Transition which is could be max. 4mile away and return to start.
Water, Kit Stations
Water Station/ Food / Bike Transitions
The Rugged Peaks Adventure race is a self supporting event so runners are advised to have personal arrangements in place for hydration and nutrition. Transition area’s / Water stations are located as follows;
|End of Run 1||Extreme – Mamore / Sprint – T.B.E.C.||Water, fruit & bars|
|End of Kayak stage||Lenan Transition||Water, fruit & bars|
|End of Cycle 1||Lenan Transition||Water, fruit & bars|
|End of mountain Climb||Lenan Transition||Water, fruit & bars|
|End of Cycle 2||Tullagh Bay Equestrian Centre||Water, fruit & bars – Hot food|
Food and Drink – Ensure that you have taken sufficient food, fruit, carbohydrates, gels, or whatever does it for you, with you to maintain your energy levels throughout the race.
- Bike Transition 1 – Bike transition 1 as follows; Extreme, Car Park, Mamore – Sprint, T.B.E.C. – Mini, Lenan Bay, competitors will be required to leave their bike in these locations before race start
- Bike Transition 2 – Bike transition 2 is located at Lenan Beach, Urris
*You can choose to drop bike at transition prior to collecting race pack if it is more convenient,
* You can leave backpack or bag at bike transition, please ensure it is secured/ strapped to your bike. Any packs will have to travel with you on the bike. Ensure pack is waterproof.
Race Day Support – in brief
The following race support is intended to ease any concerns you may have about the challenge and to ensure that you maximise your enjoyment.
- Stewarts along course to ensure your safety. Stewarding will be placed based on race category times,
- Course markings are clear so no worries about getting lost.
- Entire mountain course will be marked with flags
- Mile markers for Run 1.
- Lead Car with clock and race warning on tarred roads
- Water station at all transition area’s. – Marshalls will have a supply of water if needed.
- Vehicular surveillance at random.
- Toilets available at designated public places.
- First Aid support throughout Doctor on Call.
- Brush wagon and surveillance for all slower participants or non finishers
- Buffet refreshments at finish.