Why can’t you get motivated like the growing # of joggers and cyclist on our road – 8 tips on how to pull off a NEW YOU
What motivates the growing number of runners and joggers on our roads and parks recently? It’s becoming obvious that these are not “Athletes” but rather ordinary individuals like you or me, they come in all shapes and sizes, some look the part and some, like myself look dodgy enough.
If your struggling to get your New Year Resolution on track through lack of motivation, cold mornings etc., just think if you could match each negative response with a positive one you’d be half way on your way. Always focus on your Goal, recall the circumstances that prompted this change and dream about the excitement you’ll feel when you achieve you Goal.
In the vast majority of cases HEALTH and MENTAL WELLBEING are the driving force, you’ll never improve these by being the observer, so stop dreaming up excuses, get stuck in and experience the FEEL GOOD FACTOR. A local song writer Patsy Cavanagh penned a song “You can’t hold the years back” ? As the observer maybe not but as the activist you can give it a damned good try.
You’ll never start a new chapter in your life if you keep reliving the last chapter, also change and success seldom happen within your comfort zone, so initially you will have to make that extra effort but that will soon be swamped by the feel good benefits that you’ll experience. He’s my tips
- Goals -Set realistic Goals and a sensible timeframe be it diet or exercise
- Records -Write it down and keep records of progress
- Diet -Choose a Diet that suits, ideally with natural fresh food.
- Cravings -Fight cravings not hunger, starving does not get results
- Support -Join a weight loss group or get an exercise partner.
- Flexibility -Allow flexibility in your plan and bounce back each time.
- Motivation -Surround yourself with things and thoughts that motivate you.
- Positive -Remind yourself why you started and remember success stories
(NEXT – CASE STUDY At age of 39 I was 4-5 stone overweight, no training and generally unhealthy – I was stuck in my own comfort zone, then I went blind and life changed. – My Story next)
Believe in yourself – Don’t be afraid to fail – But be afraid not to try.
Tip – Get a team of 4 and compete in short single stages in Shore 2 Summit – A doable target for 12 weeks
#running, #donegal, #Inishowen, # adventure, #wildatlanticway, #marathons