RNR -Warm up /Race day Instruction
Sat 18th / Sun. 19th May 2019
RACE INSTRUCTION TO CHALLENGERS
Race Head Quarters – Extreme North Marquee, Montgomery Terrace, Shorefront, Moville.
All walkers /runners will assemble here for race pack collection, briefing etc. and the shuttle bus to all starts will leave from race marquee at designated times below. This is also the finish line and post race hospitality will take place in the marquee.
The car park at end of Montgomery terrace is the most convenient parking and toilets are adjacent to that.
Race Pack Collection
There will be NO race pack collection on the evening before the race.
All race pack collections will be on Race Morning, see below for timeline guidelines
Runners will receive Race Number, timing chip, T Shirt and goody bag at pack collection.
|RACE||Race Start Time||Shuttle bus leaves Moville||Please collect race pack by|
|Ultra – Main start||07:00:00||n/a||06:30:00|
|Full Marathon – Walk (Shroove)||08:00:00||07:30:00||07:00:00|
|Full Marathon – Run||09:30:00||08:45:00||08:15:00|
|Half Marathon – Walk (Falmore)||10:45:00||10:15:00||09:30:00|
|Half Marathon – Run||11:45:00||11:15:00||10:30:00|
|7 miler Run /Walk (Ballyrattan)||12:30:00||12:00:00||11:30:00|
|Runners must not go in walk starts as marshals will not be in place to direct you|
ALL RACES will assembly at Race marquee on Shore front at Montgomery Terrace, Moville. Please see chart above for times or simply arrive 1.5 hours before race start to give yourself sufficient time. (Pack collection will open at 6:00am.)
Ultra and Marathon runners can hand in kit at the start for collection along the course. Kit pick up points will be at mile 13 & 26mile for ultra runners and mile 13 for marathoners. Discarded items at these points can be collected at finish line.
Ultra and Marathon runs are deemed to be self sufficient up to last half marathon stage, nevertheless we will have water available with marshalls at approx. 7 mile distances. Full water /fruit stations will be available at the kit stations at 13 and 26 mile points.
There will be water stations at 4 mile intervals on the Half Marathon Route.
SHUTTLE BUS TRANSPORT FOR RUNNERS;
Shuttle bus to all starts will leave from Race Marquee at Montgomery Terrace in accordance with the timetable above.
HOSPITALITY TENT / POST RACE SUPPORT
- Race Pack collection on Race Morning
- Collect Race medal on completion
- Hot Food after race
- The course is very well marked and fully marshalled so no fears of getting lost. Map reading capability is not necessary. If you’d like to familiarise yourself with the route check out the course HERE
We have kindly been allowed the use of Moville Celtic change facilities for those who need a change after race. Premises is just 100m off the course at the 63k mark at the bridge at the bottom of the town..
Provisional – Finalised as entries increase
Ultra B2B Male Winner / Female winner / Male runner up
Ultra Single Male Winner / Female winner / Male runner up
Marathon B2B Male Winner / Female winner / Male runner up / Female runner up
Marathon single Male Winner / Female winner / Male runner up
Half B2B Male Winner / Female winner
Half Single Male Winner / Female winner / Male runner up
11k Run / Walk Male Winner / Female winner
Prize Category were subject to min. of 4 competitors having pre registered in any category.
RACE SUPPORT IN BRIEF
The following race support is intended to ease any concerns you may have about the challenge and to ensure that you maximize on your enjoyment by participating.
- Stewarts along course to ensure your safety.
- Course markings are clear and no worries about getting lost.
- Mile markers for entire course.
- Ultra and Marathon runs are deemed to be self sufficient up to last half marathon stage, nevertheless we will have water available with marshalls at approx. 7 mile distances and at the kit stations at 13 and 26 mile points.
- Water stations will be positioned at 3-4 mile apart on the Half Marathon route.
- Vehicular surveillance at random.
- Toilets available at designated pubs or port a loos.
- Mobile Medical support with qualified First Aider throughout the course.
- Surveillance of all slower participants
- Race cut off time is 8.00hrs.
RULES FOR ROCKS N ROLLIN CHALLENGE
- All competitors must complete a signed agreement that they are familiar with and in agreement with race rules and terms and conditions. Check www.extremenorthevents.com for full details.
- All competitors will be responsible for ensuring that they have all mandatory kit with them.
- Please remember the challenge is on open publics roads / spaces and rules of the road and common courtesy should apply at all times. Respect the environment and do not litter. Remember the presence of a Marshal does not give you right of way, be prepared to stop.
Contact me with any queries firstname.lastname@example.org / 0862374644
HAVE A FANTASTIC RACE AND ENJOY YOUR RECONNECTION WITH NATURE
Race Pack Collection
Race Pack Collection / Goody bag.
Collect Race Pack
- Race Mornings (24th/25th) – 6.00am to 11.00am – Sat / Sun Race morning
At Race Pack collection you will;
- Collect Race Number
- Collect your Timing Chip – Same chip does both days.
- Collect Goody Bag (less Tee Shirt)
- Have opportunity to discuss routes
- Have opportunity to purchase High 5 products / Extreme North Merchandize
*Single day participants can collect race pack on Friday evening (if open) or on chosen race morning – Please be there 1 hr in advance of start time
Each Route is thoroughly signed with directional signage etc as follows;
- Participants will be provided with a map with final instruction.
- Clear directional signage on route.
- Mile markers at every mile
- Marshals at all major junctions.