Up & Running – Sat 18 – Sun 19 May ’19
Course Start / Finish – Start times
|Race||Start Location||Finish||Start Time|
|Ultra Marathon||Moville, Shore Front||Moville, Shore Front||7:00 Run|
|Full Marathon||Drunken Duck, Shroove||Moville, Shore Front||9:30 Run 8:00 Walk|
|Half Marathon||Falmore, Gleneely||Moville, Shore Front||11:45 Run-10:45 Walk|
|7 miler Run||Ballyrattan||Moville, Shore Front||12:30 Run / Walk|
Arriving at Start -Day 1 and all single day entrants should arrive 1 hour before start to collect race pack. Back 2 Back competitors should arrive at least half hour before start time or bus time on the Sunday.
Cut-off time – Cut off times is 3.30pm each day.
Water Station/ Food / Kit Drops
The Rocks N Rollin Ultra challenge is a self support event so runners are advised to have personal arrangements in place for hydration and nutrition. However the following exceptions make it less tedious.
- Water Station – At Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 11k start points, these will be the only official Water Station on course – These stations will have water / fruit available.
- Kit Drop @ Full Marathon and Half Marathon start points – Prior to race start, runners can hand in any kit for collection at any of the Kit drop points. Runners can also discard any items at these stations and collect them at finish. Please put your number on pack if you think it could be mistaken
- Water on Course – Marshalls will have extra water on course, so if you are in need a bottle, raise your hand on approach and they will provide. Please allow that these points could be 5-7 mile apart
- Food and Drink – Ensure that you have taken sufficient food, fruit, carbohydrates, gels, or whatever does it for you, with you to maintain your energy levels throughout the race.
Shuttle bus to Start
Bus transfers to start line will be operating daily, leaving from the Event Marquee as follows;
- Marathon Start – Bus leaves Moville 30 mins before Run / Walk start at Shroove
- Half Marathon – Bus leaves Moville 30 mins before Run / Walk start at Falmore
- 7 miler Run – Bus leaves Moville at 12:00 for 12.00 start at Ballyrattan
- Sunday Morning – Same Shuttles bus times apply.
Race Day Support – in brief
- Stewarts along course to ensure your safety. Stewarding will be placed based on race category times,
- Shuttle bus transfers from Moville to race starts.
- Course markings are clear so no worries about getting lost.
- Mile markers for entire course.
- Lead Car with clock and race warning on tarred roads
- Water station at Full Marathon, Half Marathon and 11K Starts – Marshalls will have a supply of water if needed.
- Vehicular surveillance at random.
- Toilets available at designated public places.
- First Aid support throughout Doctor on Call.
- Brush wagon and surveillance for all slower participants or non finishers
- Buffet refreshments at finish.