Up & Running – Sat 28th Sept. 2019
Course Start / Finish / times
|Stage||Discipline||Distance||Trans.||Start location||Finish location||Latest Start||Cut-Off|
|1||Running||12.5 km||Start||Moville F.C||Greencastle Slipway||7:00||8:30|
|2||Kayak||5.5 km||T1||Greencastle Slip||Moville Wharf||8:40||9:40|
|3||Cycle 1||55.0 km||T2||Moville Wharf||Mamore Car Park||9:50||1:00|
|4||Mountain Trek||5.5 km||T3||Mamore Car Park||Mamore Car Park||1:10||2:20|
|5||Cycle 2||31 km||T3||Mamore Car Park||Glentogher School||2:30||4:20|
|6||Run||22.5 km||T4||Glentogher School||Moville F.C.||4:30||7:00|
Race morning – Arrive at Start at least 45mins before your race start time to warm-up allow for any last minute briefing changes.
Transition Stations will have the following;
Shelter accommodation to facilitate changing/ eating etc.
Your assigned transition Box, max. 35ltr, handed over by you the previous day.
Water top-up facility.
Food and Drink – Ensure that you have taken sufficient food, fruit, carbohydrates, gels, or whatever does it for you, with you to maintain your energy levels throughout the race.
- Over-night bike transition will be at T2 (Moville Wharf) You must deliver your bike and helmit here on the Friday between 2:00pm & 7:00 pm
Race Day Support – in brief
The following race support is intended to ease any concerns you may have about the challenge and to ensure that you maximise your enjoyment.
- Stewarts at major junctions only along the course.
- Course markings are clear so no worries about getting lost.
- Entire mountain course will be marked with flags
- Distance markers every 10k
- Lead Car with clock and race warning on tarred roads
- Water top-up at all transition area’s. –
- Vehicular surveillance at random.
- Toilets available at transitions
- First Aid support throughout Doctor on Call.
- Brush wagon and surveillance for all slower participants or non finishers
- Hot refreshments at finish and buffet meal & presentation afterwards.